Universe of the Brain
The brain, our amazing three pound universe, is the seat of intelligence and the source of all the qualities of every individual. Neuroscience, the scientific study of the brain and nervous system, confirms that the brain learns through making neural connections, altering the strengths of connections between neurons, and creating and expanding neural networks.
The neural circuits are formed by genetic mechanisms during embryonic development and modified through interactions with the internal and external environment. An individual’s activities, such as learning and exercise, can strengthen or weaken communications between neurons, and the change in the amount of activity can also enhance or reduce its function. It is these neural connections that make our learning and behaviors possible, and the combinations of signals among neurons results in all sorts of our perceptions, thoughts, and behaviors.
We learn with our brains, and our brains learn through making neural connections. We see things with our brains not eyes, so learning through the eye, such as reading written words, is a brain function, just like a baby learns spoken language through...As a product of interactions with environment, the learning takes place at the cellular levels, and is governed by two fundamental principles: 1. Selective Stabilisation and Elimination of SynapseThroughout our lives, but especially during i...We always wonder why some people can always achieve and outperform others. What makes them special? The uniqueness of human individuals is the result of the uniqueness of the brain of every individual. At birth a baby's brain contains virtually a...
- How to teach your baby to read by Glenn Doman and Janet Doman
- How to teach your baby math by Glenn Doman and Janet Doman
- How to give your baby encyclopedic knowledge by Glenn Doman, Janet Doman and Susan Aisen
- How to multiply your baby’s intelligence by Glenn Doman and Janet Doman
- How smart is your baby? by Glenn Doman and Janet Doman
- How to teach your baby to be physically superb by Glenn Doman, Douglas Doman and Bruce Hagy
- How to teach your baby to swim From Birth To Age Six by Douglas Doman
- Secret of childhood by Maria Montessori and M. Joseph Costelloe
- Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius by Angeline Stoll Lillard
- The absorbent mind by Maria Montessori
- The Montessori method (Illustrated Edition) by Maria Montessori
- Maria Montessori: her life and work by E.M. Standing
- Teaching Montessori in the home Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock and Lee Havis
- The education of Karl Witte; or, The training of the child by Karl Heinrich Gottfried
- Parenting Shichida method [Chinese] 0-6 years old by (RI) Qi Tian Zhen He Ying Yi